Let’s dance to the hip-hop beat. Let’s explore some beautiful sceneries. Let’s eat some of Delhi’s specialties. Let’s make the visit worth a while! There are numerous things in Delhi one must do when visiting the capital. Let’s check out few of them.
1. Explore the History – Capture the Monuments
Delhi is the center with deep rooted history. From Firoz Shah Tughlaqabad Fort to Humayun’s Tomb, and from Red Fort to Qutab Minar – Mughal Emperors have left a lot for us in Delhi. Each monument has its specific historical significance. These monuments look great under the shades of dark, heavy clouds. Capturing these monuments in the camera during rainy days with rain effects is an awesome idea.
●Humayun’s Tomb ● Tughlaq Tomb ● Rashtrapati Bhawan ● Red Fort ● India Gate ● Qutub Minar ● Safdarjung’s Tomb ● Jama Masjid ● Alai Darwaza ● Diwan-i-Khas ● Old Fort ● Hauz Khas Village ● Qila Rai Pithora ● Jamali Kamali Mosque and Tomb ● Tughlaqabad Fort ● Rang Mahal ● Raj Ghat ● Diwan – i – Aam ● Tomb of Imam Zamin ● Alai Minar ● Mehrauli Archeological Park
2. Breathe in Fresh Air – Day Out in Open
Get free from daily pollution and dirt in the air. Breathe freely in the open air of beautiful Delhi. The city has bestowed us with some beautiful places with an open arena to enjoy the nature to the fullest. Head to the famous gardens in Delhi where peacocks dance to the tune of rains. Or, head to Zoo where chirping sounds of birds can be heard. Lush greenery is awaiting outside in the rain.
Must Head To:
● Sanjay Van ● Kamla Nehru Ridge ● India Gate ● Lutyen’s Delhi ● Akshardham Temple ● District Parks ● City Forests ● Historical Landscapes ● Sports Complex ● Hauz Khas Village
3. Wander Around the City – Put the Car Windows Down
Go for the city ride. Put your car’s windows down. Choose the bike ride, if possible, and feel the rain drizzles on your face. It’s the perfect time to know more about Delhi. Choose the morning time or mid-afternoon hours. Avoid office hours for drastic rush and traffics. The city has given us many fantastic routes for riders to go hit the routes with all their spirits up.
Must Try Out:
● Delhi – Murthal route ● Yamuna Expressway ● DND Toll ● Delhi – Gurgaon route ● Gurgaon – Faridabad Hill Road
4. Treat To Your Tummy – Try Out Delhi’s Special Eating Joints
Be it any day, Delhi has always served us with delicious pleasures. And when it’s rainy in Delhi, how can one ignore the foodies’ destinations? Who can ignore hot Parathas, crispy Pakodas, Spicy Gol Gappe, Dahi Bhalle, Chaat, Chhole Bhature, Momos, Chhole Chawal and Delhi’s other specialties? Explore Delhi to taste the best of city’s flavours.
● Jain Chawal Wale at CP ● Kakaji Corner at Lajpat Nagar ● New Punjabi Khana at Nehru Place ● Parathe Wali Gali at Chandni Chowk ● Radhey Krishna Chhole Bhature at Karkardooma ● Dolma Aunty Momos at Lajpat Nagar ● Kachori –Sabji Shops near Hanuman Mandir at Chandni Chowk ● Bishan Swaroop Chaat Wala at Chandni Chowk ● UPSC Bhawan at Shahjahan Road ● Various places to eat at Dilli Haat
5. Enjoy Dining in Open – Go for Rooftop Restaurants
Delhi’s rooftop restaurants are trending these days. Lovely becomes the dining experience under romantic shades of thundering clouds with cool breeze passing by. Various restaurants at the terrace serve beautiful bird’s eye view of the city. The scenic beauty of Delhi in rainy days is just not be missed one.
● Amour at Hauz Khas Village ● Rose Cafe in Saket ● Sky Bar in Vasant Kunj ● Q’Ba in CP ● West View in ITC Maurya, Sardar Patel Marg ● The Pot Belly Rooftop Cafe in Shahpur Jat ● Ardor in Connaught Place ● FOA Flavours of Arabia in Gurgaon ● Fat Ninja at Hauz Khas Village
6. Discover Tea & Coffee Shops – Chai and Coffee are always on in Rain
Chai lovers surely has the perfect excuse to sip more and more tea. But this rainy season move out of your house and explore some of Delhi’s best coffee shops where there are more diverse tea and coffee experience awaiting along with perfect accompaniments. Head to nearby cafes or travel down the city for best cafe experience in Delhi during rains.
Famous Delhi’s Cafes:
● Rose Café in Saket ● Café Turtle in Khan Market ● Coast Café in Hauz Khas Village ● United Coffee House in Connaught Place ● Cha Bar in CP ● Sakley’s Mountain Café in Greater Kailash 1 ● Big Chill in Khan Market ● Café Brown Sugar in GK 1 ● Kunzum Travel Cafe at Hauz Khas Village
7. Create Delhi Diary – Get Ho-Ho Bus Ride
Get to know more about Delhi and capture beautiful and famous landmarks of the city. Check out what’s trending and what’s the history. Glue the info up in your diary for long-term memory. Ho – Ho bus is a public tourist bus running across the city starting from Old Delhi.
● Lotus Temple ● Red Fort ● Ajmeri Gate ● Iskcon Temple ● Akshardham Temple ● India Gate ● Old Delhi ● Humayun’s Tomb ● Jama Masjid ● Parliament House ● Rashtrapati Bhavan ● National Rail Museum ● Nizamuddin Dargah ● Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
8. Get Holy Visit – Visit Delhi’s Famous Divine Places
Belief in God is never ending. Delhi has various holy places at various locations where one can satiate his or her soul by getting divine darshan of much believed supremacy. If you are also devoted towards such spirits then do visit the temples, mosques, gurudwara or such holy places in this season.
● ISKCON Temple at East of Kailash ● Gurudwara Bangla Sahib at Connaught Place ● Akshardham Temple at Noida Mor ● Birla Mandir or Laxminarayan Temple ● Gauri Shankar Temple at Chandni Chowk ● Nizamuddin Dargah at Nizamuddin ● Jama Masjid ● Chhatarpur Mandir
9. Party Hard – Get Indulged in Party Mood
Hang out with your friends and create a thrashing bash. Delhi’s restaurants and bars offer best of the amenities to rock the rain day out. Check out with coolest and trending party destinations near you or rather, drive down from one corner of a city to another while enjoying the rain outside.
Famous Party Destinations:
● Aqua – The Park at Connaught Place ● Boombox Café Reloaded at Rajouri Garden ● Bulldogs at Hauz Khas Village ● Kitty Su – The Lalit at CP ● Lanterns Kitchen & Bar at Rajendra Place ● Masaba at Punjabi Bagh ● Def Col Social at Defence Colony ● Hauz Khas Social at Hauz Khas Village ● Hybrid at Janpath
10. Go Events! – Be the Part of Delhi’s Live Events
Live shows and events in Delhi add more fun and amusement to the city. Rainy days are the best days to move out in the rain and enjoy the on-going events. Be part of it. Cheer up your own city for bringing in the liveliness. Click to check out Delhi’s events.
So, girls and guys. Bring in the overloaded fun to your Delhi visit. Take complete advantage of the rain and the weather. What’s your plan for today?